Monday, May 13: Annual Virginia Standards of Learning testing begins.
Wednesday, May 15: School Board meeting, 5 p.m. open informal session, 7 p.m. open formal session, Central Administration Building, 800 E. City Hall Avenue, 12th floor.
Wednesday, June 19: The first-annual Golfing Fore Education tournament, benefitting the Norfolk Education Foundation and the students and teachers of Norfolk Public Schools, tees off at the Cypress Point Country Club. Visit www.norfolkedfound.net for more information and to register.
1. Ensure full accreditation
2. Increase academic achievement of all students
3. Improve climate, safety & attendance
4. Become a School Board of Distinction
5. Promote Norfolk Public Schools to reflect outstanding accomplishments of staff, teachers and students
6. Develop and coordinate a capital improvement plan for facilities and technology to enhance teaching and learning
7. Attract, retain, and help to develop strong academic families and highly qualified teachers and staff