The mission of Norfolk Public Schools, the cornerstone of a proudly diverse community, is to ensure that all students maximize their academic potential, develop skills for lifelong learning and are successful contributors to a global society, as distinguished by: • Courageous advocacy for all students
• Family and community investment
• Data-driven personalized learning
• Strong and effective leadership teams
• Shared responsibility for teaching and learning
• Access to rigorous and rewarding college and career readiness opportunities
Board & Division Priorities
• Ensure full accreditation
• Increase academic achievement of all students
• Improve climate, safety & attendance
• Become a School Board of Distinction
• Promote Norfolk Public Schools to reflect outstanding accomplishments of staff, teachers and students
• Develop and coordinate a capital improvement plan for facilities and technology to enhance teaching and learning
• Attract, retain, and help to develop strong academic families and highly qualified teachers and staff
What's Happening in NPS
Tuesday, Nov. 4: Teacher Records Day – Students not in school.
Thursday, Nov. 6: Middle and High School Specialty Showcase, where families can learn about NPS options and opportunities for students at the middle and high school levels. An overview of middle school programs begins at 5:30 p.m., and an overview of high school programs begins at 6:30 p.m., all at Lake Taylor High, 1384 Kempsville Road. Click here for more information.
Tuesday, Nov. 11: Veterans Day – NPS Closed.
Wednesday, Nov. 12: School Board public hearing for planning the 2015-2016 operating budget, 6:30 p.m., Central Administration Building, 800 E. City Hall Ave., 12th floor.