The mission of Norfolk Public Schools, the cornerstone of a proudly diverse community, is to ensure that all students maximize their academic potential, develop skills for lifelong learning and are successful contributors to a global society, as distinguished by: • Courageous advocacy for all students
• Family and community investment
• Data-driven personalized learning
• Strong and effective leadership teams
• Shared responsibility for teaching and learning
• Access to rigorous and rewarding college and career readiness opportunities
Board & Division Priorities
• Ensure full accreditation
• Increase academic achievement of all students
• Improve climate, safety & attendance
• Become a School Board of Distinction
• Promote Norfolk Public Schools to reflect outstanding accomplishments of staff, teachers and students
• Develop and coordinate a capital improvement plan for facilities and technology to enhance teaching and learning
• Attract, retain, and help to develop strong academic families and highly qualified teachers and staff
What's Happening in NPS
Wednesday, Oct. 7:School Board Work Session, 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm, 800 East City Hall Ave., Norfolk, VA 23510 Click here to view agenda.
Wednesday, Oct. 7: Walk to School Day
Tuesday, Oct. 12:Parent-Teacher Conference Day, Students Not In School.
Tuesday, Oct. 13: SEAC Meeting, Parent Access Center, 3016 E. Princess Anne Road, Norfolk, VA 23504. (757)333-4250/(757)510-2481. Light Refreshments will be served.
Tuesday, Oct. 13: Professional Learning Day, Students Not In School.
Tuesday, Oct. 15: First Annual Big Feet Meet at Booker T. Washington High School, 1111 Park Ave., Norfolk, VA 23514, 10am - 12 noon. Sponsored by Virginia Special Olympics.
Wednesday, Oct. 21: School Board Business Meeting, 7:00 pm, 800 East City Hall Ave., Norfolk, VA 23510
Thursday, Oct. 22: Parent Session: A Survival Guide for Families of Gifted and High-Ability Teens, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., Ruffner Academy, 610 May Ave., Norfolk, VA 23504
Tuesday, Oct. 27: Support disABILITY Awareness Month at Ynot Pizza, 1517 Colley Ave., Norfolk, VA
Thursday, Oct. 28: Tidewater Post-secondary Fair will be held at Virginia Wesleyan College 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.